Loaded with veggies, this pasta dish is a healthy meal that is ready in minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir the penne into the boiling water. Cover the pot and return to boiling, stirring occasionally until pasta is tender but firm (al dente). Usually about 12 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, crushed red pepper and garlic over medium heat. Cook until garlic becomes fragrant. Add mushrooms. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned. Add peas and 1/4 cup of pasta water; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat until pasta is ready.
- When ready drain pasta and add to skillet with vegetables. Return skillet to low heat and add tomatoes and basil; toss to coat. Season with salt and a splash of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.