Traditional pumpkin pie gets an added boost from this delightfully nutty, spicy topping, for a bit of crunch and extra flavor.
- 1 pre-baked Flaky Pie Crust
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin unsweetened solid pack
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- Yield: 8-12 Servings
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- For the filling: combine the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves in a medium bowl; whisk well to mix. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- For the streusel: combine the flour, sugar, oats, pecans, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the mixture with finger tips until mixture looks like coarse crumbs and clumps together when compressed. Sprinkle streusel mixture over pumpkin filling.
- Place pie pan on baking sheet and set in the lower third of the oven. Bake 40-50 minutes or until the filling is set and the streusel is golden brown. If the edges of the crust or streusel start to brown too quickly cover the pie loosely with foil and continue to bake. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Chill if desired.