Old-fashioned and irresistible is what comes to mind when eating a peanut butter cookie. They have a great balance of sweet to salt and crispy to tender texture. These golden-blonde peanut butter cookies are the perfect after school treat.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to incorporate, scraping down bowl and beating again to insure all ingredients are incorporated and not lumpy.
- Add sifted ingredients and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Scoop and roll 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) balls of cookie dough in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet, leaving 2” between them.
- Use a fork to flatten each cookie to about ½ inch thick, making a cross-hatch design on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until they are barely golden brown around edges; the tops won’t have browned. Remove from oven and cool on the cookie sheet.