Pan roasting the corn intensifies its flavors and natural sugars. Cook all the vegetables just until they are more brightly colored and crisp-tender—that’s when their flavors will peak.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels, from 6 ears
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add the corn and cook until bright yellow, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and thyme and cook 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the green onions and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, salt, and pepper, stirring until the butter melts.
- Stir in the arugula and serve.