The combination of orange juice infused pound cake smothered with orange glaze creates a flavor explosion so intense; you'll feel like you bit into an actual orange slice.
- 3 1/4 cup Sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- To make cake
Preheat oven to 325°F
- Butter and flour the inside of the fluted mold. Sift together the flour, salt, and soda. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, on low speed, mix together the butter and cream cheese. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. On low speed, gradually add the sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, stopping to scrape the mixture from the sides of the bowl.
- Mix in the vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture alternating with the orange juice in two additions. Mix just until blended.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- To make glaze
In a small saucepan, stir together the orange juice and sugar. Heat the mixture, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn the cake out onto a cooling rack. Brush with the orange glaze and cool completely.