A dash of pineapple, a gala of Fuji apple and a touch of Cinnamon combine with shredded carrots to create a modern infusion of fruity carrot flavor in every forkful.
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/8 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded carrot
- 1 small Gala of Fuji Apple (cored removed, chopped fine with skin on)
- 1/4 cup Chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 oz Can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 3 oz Angel flake coconut
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Whisk together mayonnaise, 1/8 cup sugar and vinegar. Add shredded carrot, chopped apple, raisins and nuts. Toss to coat.
- In large separate bowl, beat eggs with vegetable oil and milk. Mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar.
- Fold in carrot/apple mixture from other bowl. Pour into greased Anolon® SureGrip™ Bakeware Sunflower Mold pan. Bake at 325°F for 75-80 minutes until cake is cooked through.