Classic key lime pie gets a sweet upgrade with a gingersnap crust. The smooth key lime filling pairs beautifully with the spicy gingersnaps and the addition of lime zest adds a brightness that makes it pop. Topped with whipped cream and fresh berries, this pie is sure to be a favorite in your house!
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix gingersnap cookie crumbs with melted butter and press into 9 inch pie dish.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, key lime juice and lime zest till smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once pie has cooled, refrigerate till ready to serve. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh berries.