This cake is moist and fudgey - perfect for chocoholics. This recipe is kosher for Passover and can also be baked around your schedule as it stays fresh for a couple of days.
- Spray a nine-inch springform pan with nonstick spray. If using a nonstick pan, do not spray. Cut a 9 inch circle of parchment paper and line the bottom of the pan.
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter or margarine, being careful not to overheat. Stir until smooth. Whisk in the sugar and salt, and stir until combined.
- In another bowl whisk eggs just until combined. Add chocolate mixture to eggs and whisk until combined.
- Spread batter in the pan. Bake for about 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out fudgey. It should neither be shiny and wet nor completely dry.
- Let cool until room temperature. Remove the ring and invert onto a flat plate. Remove the bottom of the pan and the parchment paper.
- Cut with a hot, dry knife into 12 pieces.