The spectacular presentation of Dutch Apple Pancakes with Warm Cinnamon-Infused Maple Syrup will delight the eye. These are a sumptuous, delicious treat.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Crack 6 large eggs into a bowl. Whisk together milk & eggs.
- Mix in flour, sugar & salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Slice apples into 1/4-inch slices.
- Squeeze lemon onto apples to prevent discoloration.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F & place an oven-safe nonstick skillet in the oven to melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Remove the skillet from the oven once butter has melted and the pan is hot. Turn pan to distribute butter.
- Pour pancake mixture into the hot pan & bake for 20 minutes.
- In another nonstick skillet, melt brown sugar with remaining butter and sauté apples in the brown sugar mix.
- Cook apples until they are soft & caramelized.
- In a small nonstick pan, heat maple syrup with cinnamon stick, to infuse flavor.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and pour the caramelized apple on top of the pancakes.
- Serve with whipped cream & syrup.