Believe it or not, slightly less fresh eggs are easier to peel—and will taste every bit as good!
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet gherkin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Combine the eggs with enough cold water to cover by 3-inches. Bring water to a boil, cover, remove from the heat and let stand 13 minutes. Drain the eggs and cool under cold running water; peel them.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and transfer them to a bowl; mash with a fork until fairly smooth. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, salt and cayenne pepper; mash with the fork until well combined and smooth. Stir in the sweet gherkins and chives.
- Place the egg whites, cut side up, on a serving platter. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and fill the indentations with the yolk mixture; or, scoop the mixture into the eggs with a spoon. Sprinkle the yolk mixture lightly with the paprika.