Butterscotch cookies are a fabulous treat on a sunny summer day and are a crowd favorite at parties.
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 24 Caramels
- 2 tbsp Heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sift together the flour, nonfat dry milk powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Mix in the egg, then the vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in the nuts.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, shape the dough into a square log, 1 1/2 inches on one side. Roll the dough log in the wrapper and chill until firm.
- Slice the chilled dough into inch slices and place on a lined or greased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool.
- To decorate: Heat together 24 caramels and 2 tbsp of whipping cream. Stir together thoroughly. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let cookies rest until the caramel is firm.