We like to think of this as the Big Daddy of burgers: it’s got everything to love on a burger all in one bite. Make a double (or triple!) batch of the Chipotle mayo—it is great on grilled salmon, chicken and steak—or as dip for chips and veggies.
- Chipotle Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices aged white cheddar cheese
- 4 onion rolls, sliced hotizontally
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato, about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 16 slices
- Combine the mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, lime juice, and paprika in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook the bacon and set aside.
- Make the burgers: combine the beef, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Gently mix to combine, taking care that you do not overwork the beef. Form the mixture into four patties about 1/2 inch thick and press your thumb down in the center of each burger to form a depression. (This helps the burgers cook more evenly).
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat until hot. Add the patties and cook 4 minutes. Turn the burgers over and top each with a slice of cheese; cook 4 minutes