This moist pound cake is infused with enough almond flavors to satisfy even the biggest almond aficionado.
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 12 oz Almond paste
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp Butter, softened
- 1 tbsp Orange rind
- 7 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Using a pastry brush, evenly coat the inside of the pan with the 1 ½ tbsp. of butter. Dust with flour tapping out any excess.
- Sift together the flour, salt and soda. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the almond paste and sugar until evenly mixed. Put the sugar/almond paste mixture in the bowl of a standing mixer. Beat together with the butter for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in the orange rind. Add the eggs, one at a time, stopping to scrape the mixture from the sides of the bowl. Mix until well combined. With the mixer on low seed, add the flour mixture, mix just until blended. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Turn the cake out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.