Perfect for filling a cake, serving with cookies or all on its own!
- 2 cups heavy cream, very cold
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Melt in the microwave, 40 seconds at a time until the chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. Be careful when doing this as chocolate can burn quickly, particularly white chocolate.
- Add about ½ cup of the cream to the white chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- In a larger cold mixing bowl, pour the remaining cream along with the white chocolate cream mixture. Using a whisk or handheld mixer, whip the mixture to smooth but firm peaks. Be careful not to over whip as the mousse break and have a grainy appearance. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set the mousse in the refrigerator to chill while you get ready to assemble the Charlotte.