An effortless wine-based dessert for two that is sure to please your Valentine.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Course: Dessert
- In a small 1-quart saucepan, add ½ cup of the Moscato. Bring to a brisk simmer, but keep an eye on it as Moscato wine is typically effervescent and easily boils over.
- Once simmering, remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the gelatin powder. Whisk very well for 1 minute. Next, stir in the remaining 1 cup of Moscato wine.
- Divide the Moscato and gelatin mixture into two serving glasses. I used two coupe glasses that hold ¾ cup of liquid each. Place plastic wrap over the serving glasses, and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or up to 2 days in advance.
- Next, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar together in a small bowl with an electric mixer. Mix until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- To serve, remove the plastic wrap from the glasses and top each Moscato gelee with a few slices of blood orange. Dollop the sweetened whipped cream on top, and serve immediately.
Recipe developed by Christina Lane of Dessert for Two.