This is a fun and easy project to share with your kids and makes for a quick and beautiful gift. Spice it up with Sriracha flavored candy canes! The spicy candy canes help offset the sweetness of the white chocolate and really bring out the flavor of the peppermint.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 3-4 candy canes, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- Line a 9-by-13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place candy canes in a plastic bag and, using a rolling pin, crush candy canes into 1/4 inch chunks or smaller.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate over a double boiler. Once melted, stir in 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spread to edges of pan and sprinkle with crushed candy cane pieces. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Melt white chocolate over a double boiler. Once melted, stir in 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- With a spoon, drizzle white chocolate over the top of the dark chocolate sprinkled with candy cane.
- Place back into refrigerator for 30-45 minutes until firm.
- Once set, peel parchment paper off. Break bark into 2-inch to 3-inch pieces.