Just the right amount of bourbon adds lovely warmth—without harsh alcohol flavor—to this luscious pumpkin pie.
- For the Crust
- 28 gingersnap cookies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the Filling
- 1 15 ounce can solid pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the cookies and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the cookies are fine crumbs; transfer to a bowl and stir in the melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides (slightly above the rim) of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake 5 minutes; remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes.
- Combine the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, heavy cream, maple syrup, bourbon, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour into the prepared pie crust and set on a shallow rimmed baking sheet. Loosely cover the crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the center of the oven until the filling is just set, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven, cool to room temperature and chill at least 3 hours before serving.