Use this recipe to develop your own signature cookie. The possibilities are endless!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups (12.5 ounces) all-purpose flour, (lightly spooned into level measuring cups)
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips, or 8 ounces coarsely chopped chocolate
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugars with electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes until mixture is very fluffy and turns several shades lighter in color.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and baking soda for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl.
- Mix in flour just until blended. Stir in chocolate and nuts if using.
- Drop dough by 2 tablespoonful scoops onto baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on pan then transfer with a spatula to a rack to cool completely.