This easy recipe is eggs and toast all in one, with some healthy greens too!
- 6 slices square-shaped whole wheat bread
- 6 teaspoons butter or olive oil
- 36 baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 medium or large eggs
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Marinara sauce or salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Use a non-stick coated 6 or 12-cup muffin pan.
- Spread bread with butter, or brush with olive oil. With buttered side against the inside of the muffin cup, press and tuck each slice firmly into cups. Crust edges will extend above cup.
- Overlap 6 spinach leaves around the bread cup. Add 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan. Crack an egg over the cheese. Sprinkle with another 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan and a generous grind of black pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until eggs are just set or desired doneness. Remove from pan with a silicon spatula. Serve warm or room temperature with marinara sauce or salsa if desired.