This easy recipe is eggs and toast all in one, with some healthy greens too!
- 6 slices square-shaped whole wheat bread
- 6 teaspoons butter or olive oil
- 36 baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 medium or large eggs
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Marinara sauce or salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Use a non-stick coated 6 or 12-cup muffin pan.
- Spread bread with butter, or brush with olive oil. With buttered side against the inside of the Circulon Chocolate Muffin 12-Cup pan, press and tuck each slice firmly into cups. Crust edges will extend above cup.
- Overlap 6 spinach leaves around the bread cup. Add 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan. Crack an egg over the cheese. Sprinkle with another 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan and a generous grind of black pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until eggs are just set or desired doneness. Remove from pan with a silicon spatula. Serve warm or room temperature with marinara sauce or salsa if desired.