Shredded cucumber and fresh garlic transform plain yogurt into a refreshing condiment to serve with vegetables or meats. Adjust the tartness with a little vinegar to taste and balance salt.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, grated and squeezed dry
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar, optional
- Cayenne pepper
- Combine yogurt, cucumber and garlic. Taste and add additional garlic as desired, vinegar, salt and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate until serving.