Long, graceful stalks of broccolini offer an elegant alternative to the more expected vegetables.
- 2 pounds broccolini
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccolini, cover, return to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Drain and rinse the broccolini under cold water to stop the cooking process; drain again.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and cook, shaking pan often, until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Return skillet to the heat and add 3 tablespoons oil and half the garlic. Cook the garlic, stirring occasionally, until just starting to brown slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Add half of the broccolini and half of the pine nuts; cook, tossing, until hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; transfer to a bowl and repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve hot.